I’ve made a fair bit of progress today, tidied up a fair amount of code, resolved a number of issues that were returning slightly odd results when the player did unexpected things. I came across some documentation that alluded to setting parameters for the target displays Sad I know but this was quite exciting given the limitations of the PX-8’s display and the fact that the only CP/M interpreter I have doesn’t as far as I know allow you to specify display settings.
I therefore compiled a version for the PX-8’s 80 column by 8 line display and while I was as it one for the PX-4’s 40 by 8 display. I transferred them over and… it didn’t work. At the moment I don’t know why it’s not working and I also don’t know why I took some video of it not working but I did.